• Considering the resolutions taken at the Executive Board meeting of the 18th of January 2013,
• With regards to the need to promote Community Health and Social Development for our country, Cameroon;
• Considering the efforts made by the government in the struggle for health and social Development, of our country,
• With regards to the need to eradicate and prevent all terminal diseases pandemics, epidemics, tropical and non tropical diseases, transmissible and non transmissible diseases and to prevent/reduce social catastrophes in our communities and country as a whole,
• Recognizing the need to build and promote the health care offered to orphans, vulnerable children, the disabled, the underprivileged in society, ameliorate the health conditions and living standards of Cameroonians and to advocate for the social rights of women, children, refugees and the malnourished children in our communities,
• Mindful of the privileges granted by the Almighty God, the Cameroonian constitution, the African charter on Human rights and peoples and the universal declaration of human rights which all provides a platform for the building of a free, just and egalitarian society,
• Considering the need to build a moral society for a sustainable Cameroon free from corruption, embezzlement of public funds, the fight against torture, rape, prostitution and crime etc,
• Mindful of the need to create jobs through the initiation of income generating activities to Cameroonians and to fight against the high rate of unemployment which results to poverty in our society,
• Recognizing the need to socially mobilize Cameroonians to massively participate in all the social processes of elections in Cameroon,
• With regards to the need to stamp out social ills such as child abuse, mobilize widows and advocate for their social rights and responsibilities in all communities across the country,
• Considering the fact that the government has as aim to promote and facilitate community development, youth participation in community development and support the activities of social youth and women groups,
• Owing to the need to build up the professional capacities of health and social staff in all our community establishments across the nation,
• Mindful of the fact that the government of Cameroon seeks to promote the social living standards and infrastructural development in all health and social structures of our communities in particular and country as a whole,
• Recognizing the need for the promotion of nutrition- intake, address the issue of malnutrition and ensure balance diets and good health care in all Cameroonian communities,
• Mindful of the fact that we need to promote excellence in all health and social structures of our society as well as ensure affordable health care in our health units,
• Considering the fact that food aid and other social amenities need to reach affected populations in crisis situations and emergencies on time,
• With regards to the fact that social land acquisition laws needs to take into consideration community interest, gender equality as well as ensure that social conflicts in communities are amicably resolved so as to enable social peace reign,
• Mindful of the fact that all stakeholders in collaboration with the government needs to put hands on deck to eradicate as well as significantly reduce the high rate of Neonatal and Maternal mortality not living out Child Labour from our Cameroonian society e.tc,
We the Executive Board Members of Community Health and Social Development for Cameroon (COHESODEC) from several works of live have decided to create a Health and Social platform where all these problems, difficulties and challenges shall be harnessed, handled and redressed for the betterment of our communities in particular and a more desirable Cameroon of the future.
ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
A National non-profit making Association is hereby formed and headed by eight (8) Executive Board Members. The Association shall be governed by the law governing the creation of Associations in Cameroon. This Association shall be non-profit making and apolitical.
The Association shall be known as “COMMUNITY HEALTH AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT FOR CAMEROON” or referred to as (COHESODEC) On all invoices, announcements, publications and correspondences with the public or third parties, handwritten or printed issued by the Association, the name of the Association shall immediately be preceded or followed by the word COHESODEC clearly written in full with Reference of the registration.
SEAT AND TERRITORIAL JURISDICTION OF THE ASSOCIATION
The activities of this Association shall extend throughout the entire Republic of Cameroon. Thus, the Association shall be a National Association with Branches established through out the territorial jurisdictions of Cameroon.
The Registered Head Office or seat of the Association shall be situated in MANKON BAMENDA MEZAM DIVISION of the NORTH WEST REGION and shall have as postal address P.O Box 317 BAMENDA. The registered office shall be transferred to any other part of the Republic of Cameroon with authority from the Executive Board Members. It shall extend its activities to all regions of the territory of Cameroon with no restrictions to race, colour, tribe, ethnic group or cultural entity.
Our mission is to improve on the Health and Social living standards of Cameroonians and to eradicate all terminal diseases, pandemics and epidemics that continue to pose a danger to our population. We also seek to strengthen and ensure effective sensitization, communication on health and social programs and to support and advocate for the rights of orphans and vulnerable children. We seek to promote the wellbeing of a significant proportion of Cameroonians in several health and social domains as can be seen in our objectives.
Our vision is to put in place a health and social structure to educate, sensitize support, assist, monitor, ameliorate, encourage, prevent malnutrition, transmissible and non transmissible diseases, promote proper nutrition and fight against all tropical diseases that affect Children, women and adolescence. Our vision includes fighting to avert and prevent pandemics, epidemics from ravaging our population as well as advocate for the rights of orphans, vulnerable children, the under-privileged in our society. However, our main focus is on all Health and social issues for example Malaria, HIV/AIDS, cholera, T.B, diabetes, mental health, fight against the sale of illicit drugs, provide social care to the ageing population, advocate for the social rights of street children, women and all the underprivileged in our Cameroonian society, fight against neglected tropical diseases, advocate for and prevent catastrophes’ through sensitization and also managing the outcome for a better Cameroon of the future. e.t.c, in fact we are working in all domains that have to do with health and social development.
MAJOR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES/GOALS
1. To eradicate and prevent all terminal diseases, pandemics epidemics, tropical and non tropical diseases, transmissible and non transmissible diseases and manage foreseen and unforeseen catastrophes in our Cameroonian Communities.
2. Promote, support, ameliorate and encourage social care for orphans vulnerable children, youth, women, refugees, the disabled, the underprivileged, prisoners, pupils and students, street(destitute) children, the old(ageing population) and all areas in health and social domains that are marginalized or not properly handled in our communities. Organize capacity building seminars and workshops for all stakeholders in all health and social domains and fight for the respect of all human rights, professional ethics, ensure affordable health care to all, transparency, create an orphanage as well as ensure the respect of all social rights of all Cameroonians.
3. Encourage, support and promote nutrition-intake, balanced diets, clean water and sanitation, ensure food security and food self- sufficiency, so as to effectively fight against malnutrition, hunger, infant mortality and high death rate in our Cameroonian Society. Promote and improve on family welfare as well as fight against child trafficking in our communities.
4. To create jobs to thousands of Cameroonians through the initiation of income generating activities, so as to stamp-out unemployment, poverty and banditry from our Cameroonian Society. As well as institute social programs to avert the impending effects of climate change and global warming thereby enhancing social and environmental protection for sustainable development.
5. To advocate and monitor against all forms of social ills such as rape, abortion, torture, prostitution, corruption, embezzlement, vandalism, jungle justice, homosexuality, lesbianism etc which constitute a major problem in our society as well as Reward Best practices with Excellence in all health and social sectors of our country.
6. Encourage, sensitize and mobilize all Cameroonians especially in social gatherings to massively participate in all elections in Cameroon, observe it’s outcome for social peace and fight against the consumption of harmful drugs, use of weapons and finally to mobilize widows, social youth and women groups, social agricultural and livestock producers and support as well as advocate for their social rights and responsibilities in our Communities.
1. The existence of the Association shall begin on the date which is entered in the Register of the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Decentralization (MINAT) unless otherwise.
2. The Association shall exist for a period of 99 years.
Financial resources shall be drawn from the following sources;
1. Registration dues.
2. Annual contributions.
3. Donations from Partners
4. Funding bodies, etc.
All COHESODEC Funds shall be deposited into a credible financial institution, whose signatories shall be the following: The Board Chairman, the Secretary General and the Treasurer. The position of elected officials and non employees shall be non-remunerative, however expenses reasonably incurred in carrying out the activities of COHESODEC shall be reimbursed upon justification to non members of our humanitarian Association. A proper accounting and control method shall be put in place to ensure proper and transparent management and use of COHESODEC’s funds.
SOME STRATEGIES TO BE EMPLOYED BY THE ASSOCIATION (COHESODEC)
X.1) Campaigning, Lobbying and Advocacy
X 2) Capacity Building Workshops and Seminars
X.3) Monitoring, Support and Encouragement
X.4) Promote and employ Information exchange strategies.
X .5) Education and sensitization
X 6) Research and publication
X .7) Press conferences with all stakeholders in all Social and Health domains
X.8) Communication and facilitation
X.9) Active participation in all health and social programs and field implementation
X.10) Training and Networking
X.11) Question and dialogue with all stakeholders including the government
The logo of the Association shall be a hand-shake surrounded by the name of the Association (COHSODEC Cameroon.). This shall remain the permanent logo for the Association unless the Board decides otherwise.
The motto of the Association shall be “Community Welfare, Our Priority”
This shall remain the permanent motto for the Association unless the Board decides otherwise.
RIGHT TO MEMBERSHIP
Membership shall be open to all individuals working in the health and social domains with the commitment to abide by the conditions for membership. People of all works of life, who are ready to be trained and willing to sacrifice their time to work for the Association,. Prospective members must demonstrate a strong commitment towards Health and Social programs as well as serve judiciously for humanity without expecting any payments.
CATIGORIES OF MEMBERS
Members, who have fulfilled all registration formalities, have been trained and are active in all activities of COHESODEC.
TECHNICAL ADVISORY MEMBERS:
Constitute members of the Legal profession who have fulfilled all conditions of membership and are ready to be available when called up for Legal advisory activities of COHESODEC without expecting pay, however in case of Legal proceedings, the Association shall have to fute the bills.
High profiled individuals with competences that can tremendously impact the Association towards the realization of their projects and who shall be available at all times when called up to render their services. These include people from specialized domains especially Health and Social.
Members who have shown interest in the activities of the Association but have not met up with conditions for membership. However, look forward to meeting up with such requirements subsequently. Have Love and sympathy for humanity and will want to see them better up from their present situation. Sadist have no place in this Association and when identified shall not be allow to remain as observers.
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF MEMBERS;
Members shall have rights and obligations to perform in the Association as spelt out in the Internal Rules and Regulations of the Association, are motivated by the activities carried out, and seek to meet up registration requirements, dues, levies and annual contributions of the Association without any intentions of getting back what has been duly donated to communities.
LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP
Membership in the Association shall be lost through withdrawal or expulsion as defined By the Internal Rules and Regulations of the Association.
INTERNAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
This constitution shall be complemented and completed by the Internal Rules and Regulations of the guide daily management. This document shall be respected by all members of the Association to the later without exception.
STRUCTURE OF THE ASSOCIATION
The structure of the Association shall be made up of Eight Executive Board Members of the national decision making body of the Association. Regional Committees shall be created subsequently in all the 10 regional Capitals of our country. These structures shall be put in place when the National Executive Board of COHESODEC meets and deems it necessary. The decision of also networking with members of other Associations or organization shall and must be a unanimous decision taken by at least 2/3 of the constituent Board in sitting.
The National Executive Board shall be made up of elected officials as follows;
The Board Chairman
The Secretary General
The Legal Adviser
The Financial Secretary
The Auditor in Chief
The Internal Controller
The Public Relations Officer
FUNCTIONS OF THE ENTIRE CONSTITUENT (EXECUTIVE) BOARD DURING BOARD MEETINGS
The executive Board shall be the highest Decision making body/organ of the Association with deliberative powers. It shall be responsible for the following;
– Examination and adoption of the General policies of the Association
– Admission and expulsion of members.
– Examination and adoption of strategies, operational plans and budget.
– Examination and adoption of annual and audit reports.
– Election of officials.
– Approval of registration and annual dues and other levies.
– Amendment of the constitution and Internal Rules and Regulations of the Association e.t.c.
FUNCTIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS OF COHESODEC
A) BOARD CHAIRMAN
1. Shall chair all meetings of the Association.
2. Shall see into the day to day running of the Association.
3. Shall negotiate projects/contracts for the Association.
4. Shall recruit all staff for the Association such as a coordinator, an administrator, an accountant, a project manager, a secretary, consultants, drivers, cleaners, a cameraman, Security officers etc.(All these positions shall be non remunerative)
5. Shall manage the head office of the Association.
6. Write correspondences on behalf of the Association.
7. Shall negotiate projects/contracts on behalf of the Association.
8. Shall draw up cheques on behalf of the Association.
9. Shall convene all Board and General Assembly meetings for the Association.
10. Shall be in charge, with collaboration from the Secretary General and Treasurer to effect all financial and Banking Transactions for the Association.
Board meetings shall be convened for major decisions to be taken concerning banking transactions for the Association where appropriate. Any two signatories of the board can affect withdrawal on behalf of the Association with the exception of the Board Chairman. The Board chairman however reserves the right in the absence of the Secretary General and or Treasurer to withdraw finances from the Association’s account for the interest of the Association. However, he/she shall render an account to the entire Board on how finances withdrawn in the absence of the Secretary General and or Treasurer were spent. (He/she alone reserves such rights in the Association).
B) SECRETARY GENERAL
1. Shall manage the head office of the Association alongside the coordinator and shall instruct the coordinator and all other staff of the Association in the absence of the Board Chairman and also when assigned by the Board Chairman.
2. Shall write correspondences on behalf of the Association when authorized in writing by the Board Chairman.
3. Shall negotiate projects/contracts on behalf of the Association when authorized in writing by the Board Chairman.
4. Shall be responsible for the secretariat of the Association and instruct the secretary and other secretariat staff.
5. Shall draw up cheques on behalf of the Association when authorized in writing by the Board Chairman.
6. Shall present a monthly report to the Board Chairman on activities carried out for the Association.
7. Shall take down minutes of all meetings in the Association and must present a report of work done to the Executive Board Members.
8. Shall be in charge of all paperwork for the Association.
9. Shall do all propaganda for the Association.
10. Shall run errands for the Association when authorized in writing by the Board chairman.
11. Shall open a permanent register for the Association, manage it, as well as ensure the registration of all new members upon issuance of a duly signed receipt. He/she alone shall reserve the mandate to collect all registration dues for the Association. He/she shall therefore in turn pay these registration dues to the Treasurer or directly into the Associations Bank Account and hand the receipt to the Financial Secretary.
12. Shall in collaboration with the public relations officer produce, edit and publish all publications for the Association.
13. Shall be charged with buying and replacing all stationary materials that are finished in the secretariat and shall keep the receipts jealously as prove/justification.
14. Shall prepare the ROLES and FUNCTIONS of all recruited staff volunteers of the Association and hand them over to the respective staff. He shall equally be charged with the MANAGEMENT OF ALL HUMAN RESOURCES of the Association.
C) THE LEGAL ADVISER
1. Shall advice on all legal matters concerning the Association (COHESODEC) and propose necessary measures to the Executive Board Members.
2. Shall investigate or probe into all issues where the rights and duties of the Association are threatened, abused or out-rightly violated.
3. Shall advocate for and defend the rights of all registered members of COHESODEC on issues related to their functions, duties and responsibilities in the Association as well as take up crucial matters to court if the Executive Board deems it necessary.
4. Shall advocate for the rights of orphans, vulnerable children, women and the disabled brought to the Association or registered with the Association as well as those COHESODEC shall identity in the field in the course of their daily routine or in the course of executing projects and the Executive Board deems it necessary to take such matters to court.
5. Shall be in charge of all legal matters that concern the internal affairs of COHESODEC and shall be charged with the legalization of all legal documents related to COHESODEC.
6. Shall represent COHESODEC in all judicial matters and legitimately defend the interest of the Association.
7. Shall present a monthly report as the case may be to the Board Chairman as well as a sequential report to the Executive Board with regards to all legal affairs related to the Association.
D) FINANCIAL SECRETARY:
1. Shall produce weekly, monthly and annual reports of all income and expenditure of the Association.
2. Shall document all Banking transactions carried out by the Association, with purpose (activity), the amount and the duration of the activity carried out or to be carried out clearly mentioned.
3. Shall co-sign all request/withdrawal forms regarding financial transactions with the Board Chairman and the Treasure as well as question the staff when appropriate to ensure that finances are judiciously and properly used for the Association.
4. Shall assist the Secretary General and coordinator in assigning task to the staff and monitor to enhance higher productivity, rapidity and effective work done.
5. Shall keep all receipts and bank records of all financial transactions of the Association.
6. Shall run errands for the Association when authorize in writing by the Board Chairman.
7. Shall present monthly report to the Board Chairman with regards to his/her functions in the Association.
8. Shall collect all annual dues and levies from members upon a duly signed receipt carrying names and amount paid by members. She/he shall in turn pay this money to the Treasurer or directly into the Association’s Bank Account and must keep the receipt jealously as proof of payment.
9. Shall present a financial report to the Executive Board in every sitting with documented evidences and photos where necessary to justify activities carried out by the staff for the Association
E) THE TREASURER
1. Shall keep the save of the Association and must not exchange the keys of the save with anybody.
2. Must ensure that money in her keeping at no point in time exceeds a million francs (for security reasons).
3. Shall make money available at all times when necessary and with documented prove bearing the purpose, amount and her signature affixed on all request forms.
4. Must ensure that money in her office exceeding half a million francs during weekends are returned to the bank (for security reasons).
5. Must not allow any visitors in her office, except for the entire staff and Board members.
6. Must never allow money go out of her office without documented evidence.
7. Must ensure that her office door is locked at all times she is stepping out of the office.
8. Shall present a report on all finances signed out weekly, monthly and annually to the Board Chairman and the executive Board of the Association in every sitting.
F) THE AUDITOR IN CHIEF
1. He reserves the right to move into all departments and at all times to audit the staff and Board Members except for the Board Chairman who is answerable to the entire Executive Board.
2. Reserves the right to question and demand for documents and photos regarding all projects and contracts executed or still in the process of execution.
3. Reserves the right to issue a quarrel letter to any member of staff in collaboration with the Board Chairman regarding any act of misdeed, fraud or any calculated attempt to corrupt or forge any documents of the Association.
4. Shall receive instructions from the Board Chairman and execute with regards to his domain.
5. Must never quarrel or exchange words with any staff or Board member(s) in the exercise of his functions, but shall rather report any act of non collaboration to the Board Chairman.
6. Must present a monthly report to the Board chairman as well as a general report to the Executive Board Members during all sittings of the Board.
G) THE INTERNAL CONTROLLER
1. Shall oversee the internal affairs of the Association and ensure efficiency in all departments with regards to the use of all equipment and effective presence of staff and whether some Board members expected at their duty posts are effectively present.
2. Shall control and ensure the proper use of all equipment, property and vehicles of the Association.
3. Shall be charged with repairing and maintaining all office machines, equipments property and vehicles of the Association.
4. Shall conduct roll –call every working days to make sure that all staff and some working Board members are present at their duty posts and on time. Make sure that break time is respected and ensure no late coming at work or back from break.
5. Must report all problems and difficulties faced in the exercise of her duty to the Board Chairman and or the Secretary General in the absence of the Board Chairman.
6. Must keep all receipts and documents which effectively justify any repair works carried out on any office machines or vehicles.
7. Shall take charge in the preparation of all snacks, meals and drinks in all social and occasional events organized by the Association.
8. Shall receive instructions from the Board Chairman and execute with regards to his/her functions.
9. Shall be required to present a monthly report of all activities carried out to the Board Chairman, and a sequential as well as an Annual Report to the Executive Board during every sitting of the Board.
H) THE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER.
1. Shall receive all guests and visitors coming into the Association and entertain them with a cup of coffee and a loaf of bread where appropriate.
2. Shall receive all press-men and if necessary direct them to the appropriate departments as well as shall issue out and sign all communiqués on behalf of the Association.
3. Shall collect all Cameroon Tribune (Cameroon daily) news papers for the office on daily basis and notify the Board Chairman on information that can be useful for the Association in the papers.
4. Shall talk to the press on behalf of the Association where necessary except for organizing press conferences which is reserved for the Board Chairman.
5. Shall convey all communiqués to media houses and news paper offices when necessary.
6. Must be very welcoming and keep a cheerful face to all guests and visitors of the Association and must never quarrel with visitors and or guest of the Association.
7. Shall be charged with sending and receiving all mails and materials for the Association through whatever medium.
8. Shall render all external auxiliary services for the Association when assigned by the Board Chairman.
9. Shall pay all bills for the Association and keep all records, receipts and information for the Association.
10. Shall be charged with the production and distribution of Education and Sensitization materials and tools of the Association such as tracks, flyers, brochures, magazines and all publications initiated by the Association. However, such publications shall be produced with the assistance and supervision of the Secretary General.
11. Must present a monthly report to the Board Chairman and a sequential report to the Executive Board of the Association as well as an annual report at the end of each year during the Annual General Meeting of the Association.
ELECTION(s) OF CONSTITUENT (EXECUTIVE) BOARD MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION (COHESODEC)
Elections shall be organized every five years in the Association by the current Board Chairman upon consultation from the constituent Board Members with applications welcomed from all ordinary members who are interested in running for any positions. The Association shall if need be increase the number of positions available in the Board upon a decision from the current constituent Board Members. This Association shall have no limit to the number of members’ registering to become members. However, the board shall decide otherwise on unscrupulous persons whose membership can be detrimental to the proper functioning of the Association. The Association shall not tolerate any aspect of indiscipline, gross insubordination and total disrespect of authority and the internal rules and regulations of the Association. Any member, be him ordinary, a staff or an Executive Board Members who violates the essential internal rules and regulations governing the Association shall be sanctioned, fined or out rightly expelled completely from the Association. Two Board meetings shall be convene annually while one General Assembly meeting shall equally be convened annually for the entire Association.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY FOR ELECTION(S) INTO COHESODEC BOARD
1. Must be actively involved in all activities of the Association.
2. Must not be owing any due for the Association.
3. Must be ready to sacrifice time and money at all times when called up to render services upon reimbursement for the interest of the Association.
4. Must be interested and enjoy working with health and Social Programs.
5. Must not have any conviction records in the past.
6. Must be ready to volunteer for the Association.
7. Must have shown prove of total commitment with the Association.
8. Must not have been absent for more than two General Assembly Meetings of the Association.
All areas of this article and the internal rules and regulations are subject to modification, change and amendment by the Board, if the Executive Board Members deem it necessary. Elected officials shall hold office for a period of 5 years renewable once. The present constitution may be amended, modified or abrogated by a 2/3- majority vote of members present and voting in the Executive General Meeting provided the quorum is attained for the holding of the Executive General Meeting and the idea featured on the agenda.
ADOPTION OF CONSTITUTION
This constitution shall take effect upon the declaration of our Association as has been deliberated upon and adopted by the Executive Board Members and waiting registration under the Cameroonian law of Associations.